Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Biggest Mistake I Ever Made

As a child, I used to dream of the wildest dreams and that nothing was impossible to achieve.  I use to think of wonderfully innovative ideas, and dream of flying to the moon or being first to do something incredibly ingenious.  I even believed I was as invincible as Superman.  But, as I got older, these over ambitious dreams seemed less attainable and were tainted by people around me who felt the need to “put some sense into me.” Unfortunately, I fell into those dream stealers’ traps and reassessed my path to greatness and pulled back the reigns.
I still had ambitious goals but they were more “logical, reasonable and normal” based on the standards of my dream stealers.  Then, one day, I did the most incredible thing in my life and realize that you create the boundaries that hold you back…and that I can do anything and overcome anything if I put my mind into or if I believed in myself.   I walked on fire...  I attended a Tony Robbins event in Los Angeles three years ago and my life changed forever. 
Since that day, I’ve turned my job into something I truly enjoy, I’ve started my own business (and recently began a consulting business), I’ve been very active in outreach events in various levels, and I’ve been able to find time for myself, my friends and family. 
It doesn’t stop here.  There are still so many things I want to accomplish in this lifetime.  I’m glad my eyes were opened and the realities of my abilities were revealed to me sooner than later.  With this wonderful perception that nothing is unattainable, I’m able to make this life one that is fulfilling and satisfying, and one where I can share my talents and time to help make this world a better place and to help others reach their own dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment